Attorney & Partner
Specialized lawyer in labor law (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht)
Until mid-2007 Dr. Martin Heither worked in a renowned law firm specialized in labor law. He has studied at the University of Göttingen and the University of Edinburgh and received his doctorate from the University of Hannover for his thesis on social law ("Sozialplan und Sozialrecht").
Dr. Martin Heither advises companies, workers’ councils, employees and athletes in all aspects of labor law. He has particular expertise in restructuring companies. Furthermore he has vast experience in actions against unfair dismissal, having represented both employees and employers. He also advises managing directors, especially as to the conclusion and performance of their employment contracts.
One of the highlights includes representing Bundesliga football player Christopher Schorch in his transfer from Hertha BSC to Real Madrid.
Dr. Heither’s expertise also includes company and corporate law, particularly in areas that are related to labor law issues such as corporate co-determination and employee representation.
Apart from his work as a lawyer, Dr. Heither is a lecturer in seminars and workshops on labor law. Dr. Heither has been and is acting as a lecturer for the following instutions on the basis of a long-standing cooperation:
- - Praxis Forum Arbeitsrecht (PfA) (2003-2004)
- - Arbeitsrechtliche Praktiker Seminare (APS) (2004-2007)
- - Institut für Personalführung, Arbeitsrecht und Arbeitswirtschaft e.V. (IPAA) (since 2007)
- - Vereinigung Cockpit e.V.
- - W.A.F. Institut für Betriebsräte-Fortbildung AG (since 2018)
From August 2007 until August 2011 he has been member and from August 2011 until August 2016 he has been vice chairman of the supervisory board of KoCoConnector AG
He has published on several aspects of social and labor law and co-authored two labor law commentaries, one relating to the law regulating the labor courts and the other concerning corporate co-determination legislation.
- - Sozialplan und Sozialrecht, dissertation
- - Mitarbeit am Taschenlexikon personalrechtlicher Entscheidungen (bis 2005)
- - Privatisierung von Krankenhäusern, Der Personalrat 2006, S. 332-334
- - Als Mandant obsiegen, als Versicherungsnehmer unterliegen?, NJW 2008, S. 2743
- - Co-author of the Kommentar „Arbeitsgerichtsgesetz“, Loseblattsammlung
- - Co-author of the 3-Volume-book: "Gesamtes Arbeitsrecht", published by NOMOS in 2016